Borosilicate 3.3 Glass Soxhlet Extractor 60 ML
Borosilicate 3.3 Glass Soxhlet Extractor 150 ML
- The Borosilicate 3.3 Glass Soxhlet Extractor is composed of three main parts: condenser, a Soxhlet extractor, and a 60 ml Borosilicate 3.3 Glass flat-bottomed boiling flask
Soxhlet Extractor Applications
- The Soxhlet is used to extract chemicals from a solid into a liquid, separating out any insoluble impurities.
- Soxhlets are widely used in chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmaceutical settings for extractions in farming/agriculture, plastics and oil industries.
- The Soxhlet is used in making popular essential oils and for the analytical to determine the quantity of oils for a given quantity of plant material
- The apparatus is efficient in automating the lengthy, repetitive steps involved in an extracting process by repeating leaching and emptying steps
- The boiling flask initially contains the solvent that is vaporized into the condenser where is condenses back to a liquid and drips on to the plant material and passes out through the thimble
- When the extractor is filled and the level is reached by the solvent it is transferred back to the boiling flask by siphon process that empties the extractor and then the process automatically repeats itself without further attention. This assures that fresh solvent provides the maximum extraction of the desired oils over a period of hours
- The boiling flask eventually contains all the oils that the buds originally contained