Filter Flask Borosilicate Glass Buchner Vacuum Flask Side Arm 1000ml 1L
TN Lab Supply Heavy Wall Borosilicate 3.3 Glass 1000 ml Vacuum Filter Flasks
- Vacuum 1000 ml heavy wall borosilicate glass filter flask with side arm
- Also known as vacuum flasks or Büchner flasks
- Heavier walls than a standard conical flask to endure effects of vacuum filtration
- Sidearm allows for flexible hosing to connect to a vacuum pump or aspirator
- During filtration, the filtrate enters and is held in the flask while the sample or residue remains on the filter paper in the funnel.
- Can also be used as a vacuum trap in a vacuum line.
- Highly leach resistant to most chemicals
- Manufactured to ISO: 9001 Standards for Quality Assurance
- CE Certification
- High Quality from German Technology
1000 ml Erlenmeyer Conical Filter Flask Applications:
- 1000 ml Filter flask is used primarily as a flask to draw a vacuum to enhance the rate of filtration when using a Buchner funnel
- The side arm is attached to a vacuum source such as a vacuum pump or aspirator.
- Filter flasks are also used a separating flask in a vacuum line to remove liquids that are being carried though a vacuum line
- 1000 ml Conical Filter Flasks are also used with other types of filter that may utilize either a paper or other types of frit such as glass or plastic
- The vacuum being applied increased the draw through a filter membrane to nearly an atmosphere of pressure if the vacuum level is low enough.