Filter Flask Borosilicate Glass Conical Erlenmeyer Vacuum Flask 250 ml
TN Lab Supply Heavy Wall Borosilicate 3.3 Glass Conical Erlenmeyer 250 ml Filter Flasks
- Conical glass filter flask also known as vacuum flasks or Büchner flask because they are typically used in filter applications
- Filter Flask have heavier walls than a standard conical flask to endure effects of vacuum filtration
- Side arm allows for flexible hosing to connect to a vacuum pump to the filter flask
- During filtration, the filtrate enters and is held in the flask while the sample or residue remains on the filter paper in the funnel.
- Can also be used as a vacuum trap in a vacuum line.
- Borosilicate 3.3 is highly leach resistant to most chemicals
- Major savings in Pack and Case quantities
- Manufactured to ISO: 9001 2008 Standards
- CE Certification
- High Quality from German Technology
Heavy Wall 250 ml Borosilicate 3.3 Glass Narrow Neck Graduated Filter Flask Applications
- Vacuum filtration using Buchner or other funnels
- Vacuum aided evaporation or separation
- Heating of solid and liquid chemicals
- Evaporation of water or solvents
- Mixing and dissolution of chemicals into liquid
- Chemical reactions of organics and/or inorganics
- Collection of samples analysis or other treatment
- 250 ml Filter flask is used primarily as a flask to draw a vacuum to enhance the rate of filtration when using a Buchner funnel
- The side arm is attached to a vacuum source such as a vacuum pump or aspirator.
- Filter flasks are also used a separating flask in a vacuum line to remove liquids that to prevent being carried though a vacuum line
- 250 ml Conical Filter Flasks are also used with other types of filter that may utilize either a paper or other types of frit such as glass or plastic
- The vacuum being applied increased the draw through a filter membrane to nearly an atmosphere of pressure if the vacuum level is low enough.
- The glass frit is reusable and often used with paper or other removable disk filters
- The clamp is used as both a mechanism to hold the 250ml funnel in place during filtration and to permit easy change of filter media and retrieval of the solids captured on the filter media.
- The filter may be used in gravimetric applications where the filter media may be dried and weighed to determine the weight of solids collected in a given liquid volume or process.