TN Lab Supply Heavy Wall Borosilicate Glass 250 ml Vacuum Filter Flask Apparatus
Glass 250 ml Glass Filter Apparatus with Conical Erlenmeyer Filter Flask and Glass Buchner Funnel Applications
- 250 ml Filter flask apparatus is used primarily as a flask to draw a vacuum to enhance the rate of filtration when using a Buchner funnel
- The side arm is attached to a vacuum source such as a vacuum pump or aspirator.
- Filter flasks are also used a separating flask in a vacuum line to remove liquids that to prevent being carried though a vacuum line
- 250 ml Conical Filter Flasks are also used with other types of filter that may utilize either a paper or other types of frit such as glass or plastic
- The vacuum being applied increased the draw through a filter membrane to nearly an atmosphere of pressure if the vacuum level is low enough.
- The glass frit is reusable and often used with paper or other removable disk filters
- The clamp is used as both a mechanism to hold the 300 ml funnel in place during filtration and to permit easy change of filter media and retrieval of the solids captured on the filter media.
- The filter may be used in gravimetric applications where the filter media may be dried and weighed to determine the weight of solids collected in a given liquid volume or process.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.